Saturday 11 May 2013

Looking Glass Books October 2012

(This post is one I've transferred from another blog so not in correct date order)

Looking Glass Books is my favourite tea and cake place in Edinburgh so far. It's at Simpson Loan and I walk past it on the way to and from work. It is a book shop and cafe and has beautiful books, shelves, tables and especially the purple seats.




The tea is good with a wide choice although I tend to always go for earl grey. I haven't quite sussed how to lift out the tea leaf holder from the pot to stop it getting too strong but I'll persevere. The cakes are good especially the chocolate mint slice.
It's a very interesting and peaceful place to stop and sit and read. The staff are helpful and the service is excellent.
http://www.lookingglassbooks.com



They have some good gifts too.
I'm torn between these two mugs.







No comments:

Post a Comment